Health and Safety Policy Statement
This is the Policy Statement for Webster Miller Ltd who will be referred to as ‘the Company’
In accordance with its duty under section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities, the Company have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment that is free of work related accidents and ill health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
The Company recognises its health and safety duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all concomitant legislation, to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and welfare at work of all employees.
- Particular attention will be paid to duties required namely:
- Provision and maintenance of safe plant and systems of work;
- Safe and healthy use, handling and storage of articles and substances;
- Provision of necessary information, instruction, training and supervision.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment;
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work;
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility;
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform;
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate;
- Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication or relevant information;
- Furnishing sufficient resources needed to meet these objectives.
A successful health and safety programme is dependent on the participation and co-operation of all employees. All employees are aware that they have a legal duty to:
- Exercise reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with and assist the employer in meeting statutory obligations.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
Our Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed annually as a minimum to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances. The Policy will subject to additional review to reflect changes to legislative requirements, changes to key personnel in the Company and advancement in technologies that affect
the company activities.
Copies of this Health and Safety Policy Statement will be displayed in the workplace. The full company Health and Safety Policy will be available for all employees to read.
All Employees, external Consultants and Contractors employed by the Company will be expected to comply with
this Health and Safety Policy.
To view our full Health and Safety Statement, please click here.